OWLS was formed in 1986. Its objects include:
- to work for the equal opportunity and advancement of women in the study and practice of law;
- to work for reform of the law and its administration, and for the advancement of social policy, particularly as it affects women and children;
- to promote the use of womens skills in law.
We also celebrate and encourage women in the practice of law and hold regular social and educational events. We also provide a support network for women during their study and practice of law.
All female law students and any women who have been admitted to the bar are eligible to join.
OWLS memberships for 2017 are now open. To become a member please fill in and return the 2017 membership form (as provided below) to us so we can add you to our membership list.
2017 Membership Prices
- A full membership is $50.00
- Memberships for unwaged/out of town/part-time practitioners and students is $25.00
You can pay by cheque or internet banking (the details of which are contained on the application form)
* Please email your completed membership form to: email@example.com